Cooking Schools, Cooking Classes and Culinary Arts Programs
If you love to cook and want to take it to the next level, you should consider enrolling into a culinary school or taking a cooking class.
We have compiled a listing a cooking schools, cooking classes and culinary arts programs by state below.
How To Choose The Best Culinary School:
- Has a high graduation and employment rate.
- Nationally recognized.
- Two year degrees that teaches you the fundamentals skills and techniques to prepare you for a wide variety of foodservice jobs.
- Four year degrees should offer the fundamentals of the 2 year degree and add to that management knowledge to prepare you for leadership positions.
- Offers career opportunities with top employers.
- Has a large alumni network where alumni hold leadership positions.
- The Programs have a high number of kitchen hours where there is hands on training.
- Has a variety of restaurants on campus.
- Provides a program for paid externships with well known restaurants.
- Faculty is made up of a large number of Master Chefs or Master Bakers.
- Faculty is made up of Certified Hospitality Educators (C.H.E.s).
- Faculty is diverse, and represents a variety of cultures.
- Provides a high ratio of teachers to students.
- Faculty is made of published authors with leading culinary texts.
- Has a diverse student body.
- Provides after school clubs, programs, recreation facilities, on campus housing, etc.
- Near a large city.