Moroccan Chicken with Dates and Apples
Jan 21, 2005 by The Nerdicle | 0 Comments| Share it:
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples - peeled and chopped into small cubes
- 1/2 cup whole dates - pitted and sliced (I had a bunch of dates handy so I used 1 cup dates and 1 apple (unpeeled!))
Combine 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon with the cumin, turmeric, chili powder, and salt in a large plastic bag. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours, preferably closer to 24. Heat up olive oil in skillet on medium heat. Add chicken.
While the chicken cooks, cube the apple(s) and dates. I happened to have fresh, ripe Deglet Noor dates handy, which aren't the sweetest. Most likely you'll have easier access to dried medjool dates which have more flavor.
You may also wish to start on some sort of side dish. I had some potatoes handy.
When the chicken is done and cooked through, like so, remove and set on a serving plate.
Saute the apples and dates in the same skillet for about one minute.
Remember the teaspoon of cinnamon you haven't used yet? Add it now. Toss to coat.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please rate it.
Final Step: Share It!
Love this recipe? Why don't you share it with others or post a comment. Choose which one below.