Thai Chili Pepper Beef
Nov 21, 2005 by fargelsnarf | 3 Comments| Share it:
- 750g (1.6 pounds) of rump steak cut into strips
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1-2tbsp thai red curry paste
- 1 onion cut into wedges(I used 2 as they were fairly small onions)
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped (color doesn't really matter its just for presentation)
- baby sweetcorn (use canned if preferred)
- 220g (7.7 ounces) can of bamboo shoots
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 125 ml (4 ounces) beef stock
- 2-3 Birdseye chillies
- can of water chestnuts (this is optional, I just like them)
Place the strips of beef, the minced garlic, the grated ginger, the chopped chillies and curry paste into a bowl and give it a good mix around.
This is the mess you will end up with: If you are using fresh sweetcorn, you can cook it quickly by putting it in a bowl with 2 tbsp of water, covering with film and then put it in the microwave for about 3 minutes.
Heat some oil in a pan and add the beef and stir fry until the beef is brown.
When it's brown take the beef out and set to the side. In the same pan you did the beef in add the wedges of onion and stir-fry for about 3 minutes over a medium heat. you may need to add a bit more oil.
When the onions are golden add the bell peppers, corn, bamboo shoots and the water chestnuts and stir-fry for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
Now return the beef to the pan, stir in the fish sauce, the stock and the sugar(thats what that brown dollop is) give it a good stir and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep an eye on the level of the stock, you want to reduce it but not too much.
When the beef is tender its time to serve, I had these snazzy wee hot platey things lying around so I decided to use them, I just love the sound of the food sizzling as it hits the hot iron.
Now that you have learned how to make thai chili pepper beef, please be sure to view these other beef recipes. Also, you will love these Thai recipes.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please rate it.
Final Step: Share It!
Love this recipe? Why don't you share it with others or post a comment. Choose which one below.
Page 1 of 1 comment pages