Easy Turkey Burritos
Sep 23, 2006 by Og Oggilby | 0 Comments| Share it:
My uncle gave me a recipe for beef & bean burritos that he invented during his college days decades ago. So, I decided to try it out for myself. The only change I made was using ground turkey instead of ground lean beef.
Ingredients- 1.5 to 2 pounds of lean ground beef (or chicken/turkey)
- 1 large can of refried beans (get the 1 pound can)
- 1 large onion (preferably Vidalia for tastiness)
- fresh garlic (however much you like. I used 1/3 cup of jar garlic)
- ground cayenne pepper (to taste. I used added a pinch)
- chili powder (enough to taste. I used about 2 pinches)
- curry powder (enough to taste. I used 2 pinches)
- olive oil
- 2 cans of Golden Mushroom soup
- 1 can-full of water
- a dash of tabasco sauce (or the hot sauce of your choosing)
- grated cheddar or colby cheese
- diced tomatoes
- shredded lettuce
- flour tortillas
(Additional ingredients for this recipe are listed below in recipe steps).
The sauce ingredients.
The toppings. Sharp cheddar is the only way to go.
Dice your garlic and onion.
Put some olive oil in a large saucepan (remember, you're cooking about 2 1/2 pounds of food). When it's sizzling, lightly fry the onions and garlic, but not until brown. Add the ground beef/turkey/chicken and stir it until it's browned. While it's browning, get that soup sauce ready. Don't let it boil, but just let it stay warm until the stuff is ready.
Add the refried beans and spices (be sure to stir well!).
While it's heating, dice up your tomato and lettuce so they're on standby.
Microwave your tortillas just enough to make them warm. The Stuff is hot, the sauce is hot... it's time to serve. Add the meat/bean mixture to the tortillas.
Top with your toppings.
Drizzle some sauce over each, and top with cheese.
Plated with some salad.
Have you made this recipe? If so, please rate it.
Final Step: Share It!
Love this recipe? Why don't you share it with others or post a comment. Choose which one below.