IntroEggnog is classic Christmas beverage. The warmth of the alcohol and the sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg makes it Christmas in a glass.
Watch How To Make This Recipe
IngredientsEggnog ingredients :
3 eggs, separated (get eggs that have been pasteurized in their shells for safety!)
75g (1/3 cup) caster sugar
450ml (about 2 cups) full fat milk
150ml (a little less than 2/3 cup) double cream
75ml (a little less than 1/3 cup) somerset cider brandy
75ml (a little less than 1/3 cup) rum
25ml (a little less than 1/8 cup or almost 2 tbsp) madiera
Pinch of ground cinnamon
Pinch of ground nutmeg
Quail egg shooters ingredients :
Crispy bacon finely chopped
How to make eggnog :
1. Beat the egg yolks and half of the sugar with an electric or hand whisk for 2-3 minutes until light and frothy.
2. Add the milk, cream, alcohol and half of the spices until well mixed.
3. In a clean bowl with an electric or hand whisk, beat the egg whites and the rest of the sugar until fairly stiff then fold into the egg yolk and alcohol mixture. Serve in tumblers or mugs and scatter on the rest of the spices.
How to make Quail egg shooters :
Quail egg shooters are a great accompaniment to eggnog, and are very easy to prepare.
1. Lower the quails eggs into simmering water for 15- 20 seconds so they are slightly runny.
2. Cut the top off the egg.
3. Sprinkle crispy bacon on top. Serve on a bed of sea salt.
Recipes Similar to Eggnog and Quail Egg Shooters
Have you made this recipe? If so, please rate it.
Final Step: Share It!
Love this recipe? Why don't you share it with others or post a comment. Choose which one below.