IntroThis video features Celebrity Chef Leslie Walters showing how to cook a heart-warming Autumn fruit pudding. These individual puddings are full of fruit, taste and fiber. Apples, raspberries, pears, apricots, rhubarb and nectarines would all make great alternatives to the plums and blackberries. Watch the video below and learn how to make fruit pudding.
Watch How To Make This Recipe
- 600 grams (1.3 lbs) Ripe plums , quartered and stoned
- 400 ml (1 and 2/3 cups) Apple Juice
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) Light muscovado sugar
- 175 grams (6 ounces) Blackberries
- 80 grams (about 3 cups) Cheerios
- 85 grams (3/4 cup) Self-raising flour
- 15 ml (1 tsp) Baking powder
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Semi-skimmed milk
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Low fat natural yogurt
- 1 medium Egg , beaten
- 15 grams (1 tbsp) Butter , melted
- 2 pieces Stem ginger in syrup , drained and finely chopped (reserve some syrup for topping later)
Cheerios and Autumn Fruit Pudding
Watch the fruit pudding video above if you are confused with any steps.
You will need 4 wide, oven proof coffee cups that are 300ml (10 ounces or 1 and 1/4 cup) capacity. Approximately 11cm (4.3 inches) in diameter.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/400F/gas mark 6.
2. Place the plums in a shallow pan along with the apple juice and sugar. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, cover and cook for 6-8 minutes.
3. Stir in the blackberries and remove the pan from heat.
4. Divide half the Cheerios between the 4 tea cups. Top with the cooked plum and blackberries and divide the juice between them.
5. To make the ginger bake, sieve the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
6. Whisk together the milk, yogurt, egg, butter and stem ginger. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and lightly mix until just combined.
7. Spoon the mixture over the fruits and scatter over the remaining Cheerios. Drizzle each with 15ml (3 tsp) of the reserved stem ginger syrup.
8. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until risen and spongy to the touch. Just before serving lightly dust with icing sugar (optional).
Recipes Similar to Fruit Pudding
Have you made this recipe? If so, please rate it.
Final Step: Share It!
Love this recipe? Why don't you share it with others or post a comment. Choose which one below.