This is a delicious and easy Japanese fried rice recipe. You can use different ingredients, just like any other fried rice. This Japanese fried rice recipe is great to make when you have leftovers!
- 1 cup frozen green peas (thawed)
- 3 cups cooked Japanese rice
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (canola, grapeseed)
- 1 tbsp tonkatsu sauce (vegetable and fruit sauce. I use Bull-Dog)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
Have everything prepped and ready to make your Japanese fried rice.
In a pan over medium heat, add oil, garlic and cook for a minute. Add chopped carrots and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
Add rice and peas and mix well.
Add soy sauce, tonkatsu sauce, black pepper and salt, and mix well. Push the rice to one side and break the eggs on the clear side.
Recipes Similar to Japanese Fried Rice
Have you made this recipe? If so, please rate it.
Final Step: Share It!
Love this recipe? Why don't you share it with others or post a comment. Choose which one below.